Examples of Process Integration
- Research a tourism development
and then debate (group process skills) the costs and benefits
to the local and broader Australian community (analytical skills),
and write letters to decision makers about the issue (communication
- Evaluate different perspectives on a local coastal
environment issue and discuss views of business and conservation
groups (understanding different values and attitudes).
- Analyse coastal and marine protection success
stories, such as the establishment of marine protected areas, to understand
how adults solve coastal and marine environmental problems and overcome
adversity (increasing knowledge of possibilities).
- Conduct a survey and tally data on beach litter (field
research and mathematical skills).
- Attend a local hearing, read the editorials, or become
involved in a local Coastcare project (citizenship skills).
- Design and paint a school mural that depicts various
aspects of the coastal and marine environment (creative skills).