Planning Learning Experiences Outside
the Classroom: Student Preparation
- Consider how you might introduce the experience to
- Relate students' background knowledge and previous
learning to the field study.
- Identify the questions, issues or problems, the students
want answered during the experience.
- Develop students' skills for appropriate methods of
recording and reporting their data and conclusions.
- Identify individual student and group responsibilities
for data collection and analysis.
- Disclose the risks and discuss a management plan.
- Negotiate appropriate behaviour standards.