General Characteristics of an Effective Teacher
- Are sensitive to students' needs. They listen to students'
concerns with complete attention. They respect students' feelings and,
particularly with young people, err on the side of caution regarding
- Consider students' developmental levels needs.
- Create a learning process where students feel a sense
of investment, ownership, and empowerment. They consider how they can
share authority with their students.
- Develop a support system of people, such as administrators,
colleagues, interested parents or community members, to guide them when
teaching about controversial issues.
- Are enthusiastic about the learning process, the projects
the students are doing, and about life in general!