Possible Evaluation Criteria
Awareness and Knowledge
- The concepts are set in social and ecological contexts.
- Topics are related to specific coastal and marine issues
of local concern. The material is relevant to students' lives.
- The materials encourage a sense of a personal involvement
- The materials contain positive role models for discussion.
- The materials express a positive and hopeful outlook.
- The topics are covered from a variety of perspectives.
Skills and Participation
- Problems are presented with a range of possible solutions.
- The activities help students develop problem solving
- Action strategies focus on win-win solutions if possible.
- Both individual and community action strategies are
- The activities help students gain communication, group,
leadership and interpersonal skills.