Choose from one of the following energy sources:
solar, geothermal, biogas, hydroelectricity, coal, nuclear, wind, waves, tidal, gas, oil.
Research your chosen energy source, using the following headings as a guide:
• origin of the source
• how it is harnessed to provide useful energy
• one case study example of current usage
• advantages - short term and long term
• disadvantages - short term and long term
• your opinion of its value
• whether it is a renewable or non-renewable energy source.
Possible sources of information
Internet sites and addresses
indexes and abstracts
key people (phone/interview)
visits to businesses/showrooms
|on-line resources, e.g. Nexus
journals and magazines
visits to industry
radio program tapes
A word of caution!
Material found on the Internet, or any other source for that matter, must be supported with argument and evidence. The fact that material is available online does not necessarily make it useful or correct!