We will be running a 'Sea' theme in our P-2 area across several Key Learning Areas. Activities will include:
- Excursion to the Marine Discovery Centre at Queenscliff, looking at the diversity of marine life.
- We intend incorporating the "Sea" theme into our English work in both reading and writing activities.
- Membership to Gould League and encouraging students to become members, obtaining copies of their book 'Australian Guide to Seashores'.
- A wide range of Art/Craft activities which will be displayed in the school library giivng a whole school awareness of Seaweek.
- Making posters (pollution and conservation of the sea) to be displayed at a local shopping centre.
- We will incorporate the DOE Science TV show 'Steps - Secrets of the Sea' and many follow up activities. Looking at rockpools re safety/ not removing sea creatures, etc.
1. We invited Rickett's Point and the children are following this up with the Art Teacher making rockpools of their own.
2. Dress-ups and interviewing of sea creatures re their life etc.
*Due to the Victorian school holidays our Sea Week will be 3rd to 7th April.
· River litter Survey
· Design posters to campaign against/to reduce litter
· Replace trees
· Design water wise usage campaign
· Visit water Filtration Plant