Our Great Barrier Reef
Junior Primary Years 1- 3
Taking Action: Sample Activities
As a class, suggest how we can make sure people look after the Great Barrier Reef.
Reflection: Sample Activities
- Contribute to a class article for the school newsletter;
- Prepare a display of special places and features in the Great Barrier Reef and invite other classes or parents to view it and ask questions;
- Speak to other classes about the use and care of Great Barrier Reef areas;
- Letters to newspaper editors;
- Inviting knowledgeable people to speak in class;
- Make a poster to advertise the use of Great Barrier Reef areas; and
- Create a calendar illustrated with Great Barrier Reef environments and/or plants and animals.
Ask students to complete a self-assessment and reflection activity using the following questions:
- What is the most important thing I have learned about the Great Barrier Reef?
- What have I learned about myself and how I might treat Reef environments?
- What would I still like to find out about the Great Barrier Reef? and
- What piece of work am I most satisfied with? Why?
Next - References